5 Years Later

Thursday, June 12, 2008


A lot can happen in 5 years. You can get married, have a child (the best kid ever) and gain 30 lbs. Wait, that's what has happened in my past 5 years.

Five years ago today, Amanda and I took the plunge and got hitched. At 10:20 am in the Salt Lake Temple a bawling Amanda decided to accept me as her husband, and at the same time she made me the happiest guy in the world. Even waiting for her after the ceremony (watching 3 grooms come out, wait and then have their wives meet them to go outside) was worth every second. When she walked around the corner, I was sold on buying my daughters (when they come) a nice wedding dress. If they can look half as good as their mother did on her wedding day, they will be gorgeous. In the 5 years since we have had good times and bad times (mostly poor times), but I haven't regretted my decision for one second.

I know this is cheesy, but hey, I forgot to mention Amanda when I spoke at our wedding dinner, so here goes. Amanda, I love you and always will. Thanks for settling on me and putting up with all that I have put you through. When we are apart, I can't wait to see you again. When we are together I can't get enough. You are my best friend, and there is no one I would ever rather be with. Thanks for all you do for me, and I hope the future is half as happy for you as the past 5 years have been for me. I love you,


Meiszus

4 comments:

Thats cute! Manda did look WAY pretty in her wedding dress.
I cant believe Travis and I met you on your wedding day.

June 12, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

I read this post before you posted the pics with it this morning (either that or my computer at work didn't load them). Either way, the pictures are beautiful and I must say, although Spencer, you are my friend, you totally got lucky with your wife, man! She's absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on 5 years and good luck to many more!

Toby and Emily said...
June 12, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

Congrats on reaching 5! I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one that didn't give some grand and glorious speech to my wife that would be remembered for the ages. Woops.

Anonymous said...
June 15, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

Happy Anniversary....a little late!

Cameron Family said...
June 25, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment