An airing of grievances . . .

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Although I should really be working on my moot court brief which is due Wednesday at 4:00 pm, I thought I would take a few minutes to do another post, an airing of grievances.

1. I hate when I spend several hours (time I could have been working on my moot court brief) at work researching an issue for an hearing, only to have the judge request a conference call the day before the scheduled hearing, and inform the attorney that the hearing has been postponed more than two months (April 29). It just would have been nice to not spend much of my weekend work time researching for a memo instead of researching for a brief.

2. I hate the parking personnel at the U. Luckily this year I have had no problems with them because I take the bus every day, but it doesn’t change my hatred for them. In fact, I hate them so much that I look for ways to piss them off. For example, yesterday, on my way back into the law school I was passing the pay stalls and happened to see that one of the meters had run out, and I also saw a parking Nazi heading in that direction. So what did I do? I dropped a quarter into the meter, much to the chagrin of the biking meter maid. Obviously had it been my car it would not have been an issue, but when he saw me keep walking he asked, “Is that your car?” Happily I replied that it was not. He said, “You can’t put money in other people’s meters.” I have had a similar experience with numerous of these losers, and none of them have ever had the answer to my question of “why not?” Nothing was different today, and I continued on my way, much happier knowing that he would have to wait, or come back 20 minutes later.

3. I hate law professors who give you no indication of the format of the exam until two months into the semester when they drop a hint that the exam will be completely closed book/outline and you will be expected to know the procedural history and detailed doctrinal analysis of the topic of the course.

4. I hate that the U has not beat BYU in football or basketball in two years.

5. I hate that my weekend will be ruined by having to be at school writing my brief, while my partner finished her brief a week and a half ago. Now, I have no problem with my partner, I just wish I was that motivated.

6. I hate taxes and am not looking forward to doing the paperwork.

2 comments:

Regarding #2-Sweet. I love that you did that. Those people let the little bit of authority they have go to their head. They really are idiots.
Regarding #4-I love it. It's about time too. The whole time I was at BYU, Utah owned us. It was frustrating, especially while I was a student. If it makes you feel better, these things are always cyclical. Give it a year or two, and Utah will be dominating the Y again, and I'll be the one complaining.

Anonymous said...
February 23, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

That is so awesome that you did that with the parking meter. Rent a cops think they are so awesome. As for Utah. LOL! They will not be beating the Y anytime soon. I can promise you that. Its too bad Urban Meyer left. You guys would have been much better off. I am just glad Whittingham stayed there. Saved us the heart ache that is for sure.

Anonymous said...
February 25, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment