It's time for him to start eating cereal

Wednesday, March 19, 2008


So, it has been almost a month since I last posted. I figured it was time I do another post. So on Monday I took Spencer into the pediatrician for his six-month check-up. He weighs 19 lbs, and is 29.5" tall. That is 75% and 98% respectively. His head is a little small, but the doctor says it is growing great, plus his head doesn't look small, so if it was much bigger he might look like he has a big head.
So when the doctor entered the room and saw him, he said "That kid isn't 6 months!" Yeah, we get that a lot. Then he said, "So he's eating a lot of cereal, right?" To which I answered (because he told us not to feed him cereal until the doctor had told us it was ok) "No he is just on formula." He responded, "It's time for him to start eating cereal."
After the doctor left, the nurse came back in to give the shots. One oral vaccine and three shots, but they were out of one of the shots, so Amanda will have to take him back in this week. He took the shots well (in part because our nurse is so good at giving them) he jumped when the first needle went in, then started crying for the second one, but only cried for about 20-30 seconds. He's tough, just like his dad.
Anyway, I will try to be better about posting more frequently, but the interesting things that happen in my life are usually posted on Amanda's blog.

Servus.

8 comments:

He looks so big in that picture!
what does servus mean?

March 19, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

i think servus means he wants you to take his wife to disneyland again.

March 19, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

I dont think thats what it means. Sorry!

March 20, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

Nice work dad on bringing the kid into the doctor. The nice thing about Cereal, its not messy at all... hahaha good luck
Tyler

T&JFree said...
March 20, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Wow, I didn't know Amanda spoke German, or at least close to it. Servus actually means to take me and my wife and kid to Disneyland.

March 20, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

I love when you post pictures of your little guy! He is so cute! Yeah, he is pretty tall. Chase was 29.5 inches tall at his 9 month appointment. Time to get a basketball in his hand! :)

Cameron Family said...
March 24, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

oh he is so cute! i just feed Braxton cereal. He wanted my food all of the time and I figure...3 weeks early of 6 months is no big deal. Plus I need him to start sleeping before I die. Spencer will love the new food. I can't wait to see him.

Pulver Palooza said...
March 24, 2008 at 5:21 PM  

I got a tiny head?

Offended yet? said...
March 25, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment