New Saying?

Monday, November 24, 2008

Well, for the past two years I have had to put up with some really annoying sayings. First, "Harline is still open." Second, "It's fourth and eighteen, do you know where Austin Collie is?" or just "4th and 18." I have a question. What is the new saying? I was thinking maybe, "Hall back to pass...it's picked off! Again!"


I was talking with my brother-in-law, Daren about the game yesterday. I told him it was a good game all the way to the end of the third quarter, then it became a great game. I do have to admit, Utah has been outplayed for almost entire games throughout the season, only to come through at the end of the game. That was definitely not the case on Saturday. Utah outplayed BYU in every aspect of the game. Being plus 6 in turnover ratio tells the story of the night. The Utes manhandled the kitties to clinch a BCS bowl birth for the second time. And to top it off, assuming Utah doesn't drop in the next couple of weeks, Utah is still the only team to qualify under the old BCS rules, and this is the second time they will do it.


BYU fans, maybe next year you should get on Austin Collie's home teaching companion, and make sure they are magnifying their callings so that God will bless them to win the game.


Here are a few pics from the game.


Touchdown!

That looks like a facemask to me.

Johnson played the game of his career as he tore apart BYU's defense.



I told you he hadn't really seen a defense this year, before TCU.



Oooooo, cold! But Phoenix won't be!



Maxi-pad, don't cry!

Wow, roles were reversed this year. Isn't Austin supposed to be the one holding the ball?

How many BYU players does it take to stop the Utes offense? Don't know, but it is more than 11.

See picture above for caption.

What a b-ute-iful sight.

2 comments:

For the record, BYU was not outplayed by Utah in anyway. BYU beat themselves. Max Hall beat BYU I should say. We had more yards and we ran all over your so called awesome defense, but you got the win so congrats. One last thing if it's Bama I say go Bama. If it is Florida I say that Utah ought to just stay home. Either way I can promise one thing. Utah does not play like a number 6 team in the Country and they will get burned. BYU is not a top 25 so I am not arguing that BYU is better just that Utah is not that great just lucky. Just an opinion and I still like you even if you are a Ute.

Markalie said...
December 2, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

I love that argument. BYU lost the game... just like the last two years, BYU didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. I thought it was a team game. Did you sprain your ankle when you jumped off the Max Hall bandwagon? And keep in mind, a good defense can give up lots of yards, as long as they show up when it matters. Can you say 6 turnovers?

December 2, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment