The Blessing

Wednesday, November 7, 2007



So Sunday we blessed Spencer. I must say I was a bit nervous, and even more so than I normally would have been. You see, Saturday I was at my parents' house while Amanda did a little shopping. Usually Spencer is very easy to deal with, if he cries you pick him up for a few minutes, then you can set him down and all is well. But when he is tired and fighting sleep, you need to pick him up, and hold him tightly, then in a few minutes he will calm down and fall asleep. Saturday was a completely different story.

He was getting tired, so I picked him up and held him close, but this seemed to infuriate him. He fought and fought and screamed his head off. I took him downstairs because it was cooler down there, and this seemed to work for a minute or two, but then again he screamed and screamed. Normally you might think he was hungry, but thanks to my mother (who is watching him during the week because Amanda and I both have to work) he is on a great eating schedule, and he had just eaten a lot, about an hour before the melt down.

Eventually my mom was able to calm him down (how inadequate do you think that made me feel?) and he was fine until we got him home. Then the melt down started all over again. Well the melt downs continued until about 2 o'clock on Sunday afternoon (our Sacrament Meeting starts at 2:50) when we put him in the car seat and drove him around for a while to calm him down. After a lap or two around the block, he was calm, at least for the moment.

It turns out, that was the last freak out he has had (until this morning when I was supposed to be sleeping). He was great during the blessing. Wide awake and happy as can be.

After the meeting we had a gathering at Amanda's parents' house (they live just up the street from us). It turned out great. Lots of people showed up and ate lots of food. We watched the Colts-Patriots game and had a good time. But alas, we forgot our camera and thus the attached pictures are after the party at our apartment. I'm sure we can get pictures from others who were there (April has an awesome camera and took at least some pictures).

That is all for now.


Servus

8 comments:

such a handsome boy! just like his daddy.

November 7, 2007 at 1:39 PM  

YOu did a great job! You didnt sound TOO nervous :)

November 7, 2007 at 6:10 PM  

i tagged you on my blog so now you have to do it cuz you have a blog.

xoxoxox

November 8, 2007 at 3:17 PM  

Such a cute kid....sory I didnt make it Sunday.

Jeff & Melissa said...
November 8, 2007 at 7:41 PM  

rude!

November 9, 2007 at 11:24 AM  

i am stalking you throuhgh adriane. what a cute baby. congratulations to you and your little family. looks like thins are going great.

Megan Andrea said...
November 9, 2007 at 1:04 PM  

What cute pictures! Spencer you did a great job. I am so glad I am not the one blessing my child...yeah! Oh and the melt down story...I can totally relate. Braxton gets like that when he has gas or an upset stomach (so we think). The joys of parenting. Little Spencer was very good for me when I was holding him on Sunday. He loved to look out the window with his big blue eyes.

Later, Callie

Anonymous said...
November 10, 2007 at 10:50 PM  

Glad it went well! He is a cutie!

Cameron Family said...
November 12, 2007 at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment